CELESTIAL SEASONINGS® IT’S TEAM TIME GIVEAWAY SWEEPSTAKES.
OFFICIAL RULES. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER THE SWEEPSTAKES.
A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
Submitting an entry constitutes your full and unconditional agreement to and acceptance of these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor and judges, which shall be final and binding on all matters relating to the Sweepstakes.
- Sweepstakes Timing: The Celestial Seasonings® “It’s Tea Time Giveaway” Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) begins 10:00 a.m. MT on 10/1/2013 and ends 11:59 p.m. MT on 10/31/2013 (the “Sweepstakes Period”).
- Eligibility: The Sweepstakes is open only to legal residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia, who, are 18 years of age or older as of the date of entry. Employees of Celestial Seasonings, Inc. (the “Sponsor”), its parent, subsidiaries, divisions, affiliates, suppliers, distributors and advertising, promotional and judging agencies, (collectively “Sweepstakes Indemnities”) and their immediate family members (spouses, parents, children, and siblings and their spouses) and household members of each (whether related or not) are not eligible to participate or win. Void where prohibited by law. All federal, state, and local laws and regulations apply.
- How to Enter the Sweepstakes: There is NO PURCHASE NECESSARY to participate. A purchase does not increase your chances of winning. During the Sweepstakes Period, you may access the Sweepstakes by visiting www.facebook.com/CelestialSeasonings and clicking on the Sweepstakes application (the “Application”). To enter, complete the on-screen registration form including the upload of a photo that encompasses a “It’s Tea Time Giveaway” moment as well as a 50-character or less title that names your photo/“It’s Tea Time Giveaway” moment. The maximum file size of the photo is 5 MB and your photo must be in one of the following file formats: .jpg, .jpeg, or non-animated .gif. All entry components submitted during part of the registration process shall herein be referred to as the “Entry”.
Please make sure to note the following when creating your Entry or your Entry may be disqualified:
- Entrant warrants and represents that he/she has obtained permission from all individuals featured in the image to participate in this Sweepstakes and to appear on the Internet during the Sweepstakes. In addition, Entrant warrants and represents that he/she has obtained permission from the parent or legal guardian of any child featured in the image to participate in this Sweepstakes and to appear on the Internet during the Sweepstakes, if Entrant is not the parent or legal guardian. Sponsor reserves the right to request proof of such permission in a form acceptable to Sponsor from any Entrant at any time. Failure to provide such proof may render Entry null and void. Sponsor may request permission in writing at their sole discretion.
- Entry should not have been submitted previously in a Sweepstakes or contest of any kind or previously exhibited or displayed publicly (i.e., disclosed beyond your immediate circle of friends and family) through any means.
- Entry should not violate or infringe any third-party copyright, trademark, logo, or other proprietary right of any entity or person (living or deceased), including, but not limited to rights of privacy, publicity or portrayal in a false light. Not withstanding the foregoing, the Entry may contain the Celestial Seasonings® name and the Celestial Seasonings® trademark.
- Entry should not make reference to any commercial/corporate advertising (including but not limited to corporate logos, brand names, charities, slogans, political, or religious statements).
- Any Entry deemed inappropriate or unsuitable, in Sponsor’s sole discretion, will be removed from the online gallery. Entry should not contain material that is inappropriate, indecent (including but not limited to nudity or pornography), profane, obscene, hateful, tortious, defamatory, slanderous or libelous (including words or symbols that are widely considered offensive to individuals of a certain race, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, or socioeconomic group).
- Entry should not contain material that promotes bigotry, racism, hatred or harm against any group or individual or promotes discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age.
- Entry should not contain criminal or tortious activity, including but not limited to, child pornography, fraud, trafficking of obscene material, drug dealing, drug use, or gambling. Entry should not contain material that is unlawful, in violation of or contrary to all applicable local, state, federal, or international laws and regulations.
- Entry should not feature beer, distilled spirits (i.e., hard liquor, malt beverages), tobacco products (including cigarettes, cigars, pipe tobacco, chewing tobacco and snuff), fireworks, firearms and ammunitions, prescription drugs, illegal drugs, drug paraphernalia, nutritional supplements, lotteries or gambling.
- Entry should not contain content that is known by you to be false, inaccurate or misleading.
- Entry should not include any representation or likeness of celebrities, athletes, musicians, or any other public or private figure, include any anti-social, political or religious groups, any personal or commercial solicitation, advertisements or promotional materials or last name, address, phone number, or URL address.
- Entry must not contain viruses, Trojan horses, worms, bots, spyware or any other computer code that is intended to damage, interfere with, or surreptitiously intercept or expropriate any system, data or information.
- Entry should not have content where there is a result in any injury or bodily harm, or you are engaging in activity where there is a likelihood of injury or bodily harm.
- Entrants and all submitted Entries should be in keeping with Sponsor's image as determined by Sponsor, in its sole discretion, or Entry will be disqualified from the Sweepstakes.
- Entrants and all submitted Entries should not reference any other company or entity, including Celestial Seasonings®’ competitors or their products.
- Entries should not disparage, slander or libel persons or organizations associated with Sponsor, or any other brands, companies, or individuals.
Each Entrant grants to Sponsor a worldwide, royalty-free, perpetual, non-exclusive right and license to copy, distribute, and display each submitted Entry, in any media, and with right to use, copy, modify, edit, and create derivative works there from, and agrees to execute documents confirming such right and license (as further defined in section 9 below) at Sponsor’s reasonable request. By entering, you understand that your Entry (or portion thereof) may be posted online, in Sponsor’s sole discretion, to be viewed by members of the general public. Any Entry deemed unsuitable or is not in compliance with these Official Rules, in Sponsor’s sole discretion will be removed from the Application Gallery without notification to Entrant. Entrants may not copy or otherwise plagiarize any portion of the Entry from any source. No information regarding Entries, other than as otherwise set forth in these Official Rules or on the Application listed above, will be disclosed. All approved Entries (at Sponsor’s sole discretion) will be posted in the Application Gallery and will also be entered into the Weekly Sweepstakes random drawings and the Grand Prize random drawing. Entries will not be acknowledged or returned. Limit one Entry per email address/week. For the purposes of the Sweepstakes, a “week” is defined as a 7-day period, beginning at 12:00 a.m. MT each Tuesday of the Sweepstakes Period and ending at 11:59 p.m. MT the following Monday of the Sweepstakes period with the exception of the final week of the Sweepstakes that begins at 12:00 a.m. MT on 10/22/2013 and ends at 11:59 p.m. MT on 10/31/2013. All Entries must be received by 11:59 p.m. MT on 10/31/2013 to be entered into the final Weekly random drawing as well as the Grand Prize random drawing. Entries will not be judged. Any attempt by any Entrant to obtain more than the stated number of Entries by using multiple/different email addresses, identities, registrations and logins, or any other methods will void such entries and that Entrant may be disqualified. Use of any automated or computer system or disabling cookies to participate is prohibited and will result in disqualification. Normal Internet access and usage charges imposed by your online service may apply.
- Random Drawings: One (1) Weekly Prize winner will be selected each week of the Sweepstakes in a random drawing on or about the following dates: 10/8, 10/15, 10/22, and 10/29 from all eligible Entries received during that week including all prior weeks. On or about 11/1/2013, a random drawing will be conducted to select one (1) Grand Prize winner from among all eligible Entries received during the Sweepstakes Period. Drawings will be conducted by an independent judging organization whose decisions are final on all matters relating to the drawings. Odds of winning a prize are dependent upon the number of eligible Entries received by the end of each week or overall.
- Winner Notification: The potential Grand Prize winner will be notified by email by Sponsor and will be required to sign and return via email/fax, an Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability and Publicity release (except where prohibited by law) and assignment of rights, and any Release Forms required by these Official Rules (as explained further below) within five (5) days of notification attempt or status of potential winner will be forfeited and an alternate Grand Prize winner may be chosen. The Grand Prize affidavit will be sent via email and the potential winner will need to return the Affidavit within five (5) days of notification via fax or email and send the original Affidavit back via mail. Weekly Prize winners will be notified via email. Return of any prize or prize notification as undeliverable may result in disqualification and alternate selection.
- Prizes and Approximate Retail Values (“ARV’s”): One (1) Grand Prize: A 3-day/2-night trip for winner and one guest to New York City, New York. Trip includes round-trip coach class air transportation for two from a major airport nearest winner’s home, two (2) night hotel accommodations based on one room, double occupancy at the Algonquin Hotel (59 West 44th Street New York, New York 10036), tea at the Plaza Hotel (68 5th Ave New York, NY 10019) and a $500 Sponsor-specified gift card. The ARV of the Grand Prize is $3,000. Trip must be taken within one (1) year of the date prize is awarded and is subject to blackout dates. Airline carrier's regulations and conditions apply. Trip dates will be mutually agreed upon by the Grand Prize winner and Sponsor at least three weeks in advance of booking. Trip may not be combined with any other offer and travel may not qualify for frequent flyer miles. If Grand Prize winner resides within approximately 150-miles from New York City, New York, he/she will receive ground transportation to/from destination or a Sponsor-specified travel stipend and will not receive additional compensation of any kind in conjunction with such prize substitution. Grand Prize winner and his/her guest must possess valid travel documents (i.e., valid photo ID, etc.) in order to travel. Failure to obtain required travel documents by Grand Prize winner or his/her guest may result in forfeiture of prize and alternate selection. Guest of Grand Prize winner (or winner as parent/legal guardian if guest is a minor and winner’s child/charge) will be required to execute a Release of Liability prior to departure and grants permission for their name and likeness to be featured in any and all media relating to the Promotion. All other expenses and costs, not expressly listed above, including, but not limited to, travel to and from the airport, taxes, insurance, telephone charges, room service and laundry services, personal expenses, gratuities, entertainment, transfers, incidental charges, or any other items not specifically described in these Official Rules, any transportation not mentioned within such prize descriptions and all expenses for any of the foregoing are the sole responsibility of the winner.
Weekly Prizes (Four (4) Prizes- 1 per week): Week 1, 2, 3, & 4 Prize: A $200 Sponsor-specified gift card and a case of assorted Celestial Seasonings® teas. The ARV of each Week 1, 2, 3 and 4 Prize is $225. Gift cards are subject to any restrictions and expiration dates set forth on gift cards. Featured retailers are not sponsors or co-sponsors of this promotion. Please see back of sponsor-specific gift card or visit sponsor websites for terms and conditions of use. Retailers are not liable for any alleged or actual claims related to this offer.
ARV of all prizes: $3,900.00
All federal, state, and local taxes are solely the responsibility of each winner. No transfer, substitution or cash equivalent for any prizes will be permitted, except at the sole discretion of the Sponsor due to prize unavailability for any reason, in such circumstance, an alternate prize/prize component of equal value will be awarded and the Sponsor’s obligation to the winners will be fulfilled, and no other additional compensation will be provided.
- General Rules: By participating in the Sweepstakes, Entrants agree to be bound by and acknowledge compliance with the Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor. Sponsors’ decisions are final on all matters relating to the Sweepstakes. All Entries will be declared made by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at the time of Entry. "Authorized Account Holder" is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization (e.g., business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. The Sponsor and its agencies are not responsible for technical, hardware, software or telephone malfunctions of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, or failed, incorrect, incomplete, inaccurate, garbled or delayed electronic communications caused by the user or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes, on the Application, or by any human error which may occur in the Sweepstakes. Sponsor reserves the right to cancel the Sweepstakes if any aspect of the Sweepstakes becomes technically corrupted, and select Grand and Weekly Prize winners in a random drawing from all eligible approved Entries received prior to cancellation. The Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any individual that tampers or attempts to tamper with the Entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or the Application; violates the Official Rules; or acts in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. The Sweepstakes Indemnities and each party’s respective affiliates, officers, directors, agents, and employees and Facebook, will have no liability or responsibility for any claim, liability or action of any kind arising in connection with participation in the Sweepstakes or the awarding of prizes. Winners assume all liability for any injury or damage caused, or claimed to be caused, by participation in the Sweepstakes or use or redemption of prize. Sponsor shall not be responsible for any errors in these Official Rules or otherwise in any materials available at www.facebook.com/CelestialSeasonings.
- Release: Winners irrevocably grant to the Sweepstakes Indemnities, and each of their respective agents, licensees, parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, successors and assigns and all others acting with the permission of the Sweepstakes Indemnities, and the directors, officers, employees, and shareholders of each of them (collectively, the “Grantees”) the absolute right and consent to use (including, but not limited to, reproduce, display, publish, post and distribute) without restriction or limitation (unless otherwise indicated below): (1) his/her name, signature, voice, portrait, photograph, video and/or any other likeness of Entrant, either in whole or in part, and in any and every form, style, size or color, and (2) his/her statements, opinions, and/or testimonial, if any, in whole or in part, as edited by any of the Grantees (collectively, “Image and Statements”) for advertising, publicity, business trade or art purposes, or for any other legal purpose, in perpetuity, throughout the world, in any and all media, whether now known or hereafter developed. Winners agree that their Images and Statements may be used alone, with each other, and/or with captions, film, artwork, audio track, video, photographs, or any other material. Winners release the Grantees from any and all liability arising out of the aforementioned use, including, but not limited to, any blurring, distortion, alteration, optical or auditory illusion that may occur or be produced in or by the taking, reproduction, publication, processing, or creation of the finished advertising, or any other display of their Image and Statements. Winners waive any right that they may have to inspect and/or approve the finished advertising, including but not limited to the copy that may be used in connection therewith, and/or to the use to which the advertising may be applied. Winners assign all of their copyrights, privacy, publicity or any other property rights, if any, in and to the advertising or any part thereof to the Grantees. You represent and warrant that: (i) the Entry does not and shall not infringe on any copyright, moral right, trademark or any other third-party right nor violate any applicable law or regulation, (ii) you have the right to grant any and all necessary rights and licenses provided herein, including without limitation, all necessary copyright, trademark and other related rights to the Entry, free and clear of all claims and encumbrances without violating the rights of any person or entity, including any right to privacy or publicity. You hereby hold the Grantees harmless from any and all claims, damages, expenses, costs (including reasonable attorneys' fees) and liabilities (including settlements), brought or asserted by any third party against any of the Grantees due to or arising out of your participation in the Sweepstakes, or use of your name, likeness, Entry, Image and/or voice, or any other rights granted to Sponsor, including any claims for including but not limited to trademark, copyright, or other intellectual property rights, right of publicity, right of privacy or defamation. You further agree to release and indemnify and hold harmless Grantees from any and all claims that any commercial, advertising, presentation, web content or any other material subsequently produced, presented, and/or prepared by or on behalf of Grantees that may infringe on your rights as contained in the Entry submission. You hereby represent and warrant that you have read these Official Rules, are fully familiar with its contents and agree to be bound by them.
- Disputes: You agree that any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of, or connected with, the Sweepstakes or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate court located in the State of Colorado. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, your rights and obligations, or the rights and obligations of the Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Colorado, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of Colorado or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Colorado. ANY CLAIMS, JUDGMENTS AND/OR AWARDS OF ANY ENTRANT SHALL BE LIMITED TO ENTRANT’S ACTUAL OUT-OF-POCKET COSTS ASSOCIATED WITH ENTERING INTO THE SWEEPSTAKES. EACH ENTRANT HEREBY WAIVES ANY RIGHTS OR CLAIMS TO ATTORNEYS’ FEES, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OF ENTRANT, WHETHER FORESEEABLE OR NOT AND WHETHER BASED ON NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE.
- Winners: For a list of winners (available after November 15, 2013) send a self addressed, stamped envelope to: Celestial Seasonings® It’s Tea Time Giveaway Sweepstakes Winners List, 4600 Sleepytime Drive Boulder, CO 80301. For a copy of the Official Rules, visit www.CelestialSeasonings.com/ItsTeaTimeGiveaway-OfficialSweesptakesRules.
- Sponsor: The Sponsor of the Sweepstakes is Celestial Seasonings, Inc., 4600 Sleepytime Dr., Boulder, CO 80301.
The Sweepstakes is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook. You understand that you are providing your information to Celestial Seasonings, Inc. and not to Facebook. The information you provide will only be used in the event you are selected as a Sweepstakes winner or if you opt in to receive further communications.